Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Does anyone have any experience with Holistic Medicine to treat Bipolar?

Resolved Question

Does anyone have any experience with Holistic Medicine to treat Bipolar?

I haven't been medicated for a few years now and while I know I need help treating my bipolar (I), I will do everything I can to not have to go back to Lithium.

I'm very serious about this- I'm looking for a job that will offer me more stability than my waitress job gives me, my boyfriend (a martial arts teacher) is helping me with meditation and I'm working on changing my diet to foods that are more 'mind-healthy' (not only just cutting out caffeine and what not).

Any tips, experience or anything else would help!

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

I have Bipolar. Due to not being able to get on disability for over 2 years (finally got on it), I had to self medicate. I was able to keep my condition under control taking 5HTP and Folgard. They are both available over the counter. 5HTP is sold at places like Whole Foods whereas FolGard is sold at Walgreens and online. FolGard contains Folic Acid, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin B12. You also need to cut caffeine out completely, along with alcohol and cigarettes (if applicable), and take a good daily multivitamin.

As for brands, FolGard is the brand name of that particular one. The best brand of 5HTP that I have discovered is Natrol Mood Positive 5HTP. For the daily multi-vitamin, I highly recommend Nature Made RX Essentials Anti Depressant daily vitamins, they are the best I found for dealing with bipolar whether you are on prescription medications or not. For sleep problems, try Nature Made Sleep which is drug free and non habit forming.

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (3)

  • There is a family history of bipolar in my family and know from passed down wisdom from generations of proven experience that naicin works. You should know that the doctors do not want people like yourself to know that natural vitamins can help your condition because of the massive amount of money made on pharmaceuticals. Even when alternative doctors did years of research on vitamins and minerals good for our bodies and submitted to the medical community they were not accepted. Well I will always blow the horn and give out as much as I know. My suggestion is you should see an alternative doctor for a better measurement of niacin, because of your condition being bipolar comes with a list of symptoms and you may/may not need other vitamins to help with your diagnosis. Hopes this help. :)
  • http://www.naturalcures.com/Members/Ment… is some good info on mental health disorders....and.......this http://www.drinkyourvitamins.com/index.p… called megadose threapy
  • You can buy lithium at a good price at www.swansonvitamins.com and www.vitacost.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats