Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Natural/home sleep remedies?

Resolved Question

Natural/home sleep remedies?

Whenever I go to bed, it takes like hours to fall asleep, even with the light off and eyes closed.

So I'm looking for ways to fall asleep, lol. But not warm milk. The idea of that makes me nauseous.
Also I have used the all natural melatonin pills, and they just made me stay awake longer, actually.

Thank you in advance :)

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Try going outside more during the day. If you don't get enough sunlight it can wreck havoc with your sleep cycle.

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (5)

  • I used to have exactly the same problem. My chiro told me to try L-tryptophan. (Not 5-htp) I took two in the morning and two at night and within a day or two I was falling asleep in like 20 minutes. Now I just keep a bottle in the house and anytime I notice it taking me awhile to fall asleep I just take two in the morning and two at night and I'm sleeping better in like 2 days.
  • Try some ashwagandha for helping you sleep. You can get that for cheap at www.herbalcom.com Add some 5-HTP from either www.swansonvitamins.com or www.vitacost.com They both help me. Good luck.

    Source(s):

  • Valerian root in either tincture form or taken as a strong tea. Valerian root works very well. If you cannot get to sleep becuase your mind will not shut down then get some Skullcap.

    Source(s):

  • You can try Valerian root or tea. Get at least a half hour of exercise, 4 days a week and it might tire you out. Also avoid caffeine hours before you fall asleep.
  • Melatonin or Valerian Root Herb.

    Source(s):

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats