Thursday, September 17, 2009

Is there a name for this auditory "condition"?

Resolved Question

Is there a name for this auditory "condition"?

Ever since I was a child I've had this "condition" i suppose you could call it. I've heard other people who seem to have similar sensations call it "ticking their brain". I have to be at least somewhat relaxed for it to work. But it's always set off by auditory stimuli. When it's quiet and I listen to Bob Ross, or say, the noise of someone typing at the computer, or people whispering. If i just sit and listen I get this sensation on my scalp that is extraordinarily pleasant and very very relaxing, relaxing to the point of falling asleep. This can happen any time no matter how alert I am(though it doesn't work if I'm stressed mind you) but as long as it's quiet and I'm sitting still it will hit me almost every time. It's a pleasant somewhat tingling super relaxing sensation that starts on my scalp and calms me to the point of wanting to doze off in a matter of minutes. Does anyone else know if this sensation has any particular name? The reason I ask is it's auditory origin. I can't relax like this any other way, it's always auditory. Does anyone know what it's called or does this sound familiar to anyone? Just curious. Awaiting answers, thanks guys.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Just a guess because I have something similar...

When I suddenly see a bright light like walking outside into the sun, I sneeze and always wondered about that. On a science program, I was listening to one time, they talked about how our sensory nerves are wrapped around one another at points on the way to the brain and that sometimes the signals from one nerve path could jump to another causing these weird effects. In your case, maybe the nerves for the scalp and hearing are close enough for the signals to cross.

Unfortunately, I can't offer a name.

I write blogs about medical science too so I am always interested in these sorts of things:

http://wellescent.com/blog/siteblog.php

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (0)

No other answers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats