Tuesday, September 8, 2009

How are electronic cigarettes as an alternative?

Resolved Question

How are electronic cigarettes as an alternative?

I am a seventeen year old who made a poor decision to begin smoking 6 or so months ago. I realize it was a bad decision to begin and I can openly admit I am very addicted. I go through an average of three packs a week. I heard word of electronic cigarettes and did some basic research on them. My basic questions are:

1. What would the best brand of E-cigarette be?

2. Where are refills available and how are they packaged?

3.How long does one reusable e-cigarette last? and how is it "recharged?"

I am aware that these questions can be answered by me doing my own research online, and I am continuing to do so independently, but it wouldn't hurt to have other peoples input while i research on my own. It'd be great if somebody else who uses them could give me some basic details, but feedback from anybody at all would be highly appreciated. I realize that my best option is to quit, but that's not what i'm intending to do. Thank you in advance to anybody who takes time to answer!

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Being that you are underage - you will not be able to buy one until you are at least 18 depending on your state/country.
Yes, you should quit.
You can go into any drug store and purchase FDA approved NRT smoking cessation products such as gum and patches. You are old enough for that. The gum also comes in fun flavors which are seen as being targeted at children. Oh no, sorry, ASH and other anti-smoking nazis only see flavors as targeting children if its regarding smoking products not anti-smoking products. Silly me, I forgot - adults only like things that taste like crap! The patch may cause skin irritation from the adhesive as many smokers can attest to. Be advised that they do also contain the same trace carcinogens found in the e-liquid for e-cigs. Which the FDA saw fit not to release in their report.
You may also consult your Dr. about getting on Chantix - also an FDA approved method of quitting. Just be careful as one of the side effects are suicide. But, Hey - it might be worth the risk because if you continue to smoke - you're gonna die anyway right?
Once each state bans the e-cig (which is slowly in motion now) you won't be able to use it once you turn 18 anyway - so you will have the same two choices long time committed smokers have - which is Quit or Die. So good luck to you!

Sorry for the rant - just a little fed up with all the "dangerous" e-cig BS, ASH, and Government!
Article:
Negative Reactions Mystify Electronic Cigarette Users
http://digg.com/d313UJI

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (0)

No other answers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats