Thursday, September 17, 2009

Is there a holistic approach to hyperthroidism?

Resolved Question

Is there a holistic approach to hyperthroidism?

Instead of the radio active iodine treatment to rule it out. Is there anyother way to do this?
I got diagnosed with hyperthroidism and my doctor wants me to take a radio active pill to light up my throid to take x-rays. He ha salready done 2 bloood tests to check my levels, but wants to do this x-ray. I don't want to take this nuclear medicine. Is there anything else I could do?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Hi,
I also have hyperthyroidism. I wouldnt do the radio active pill either, so my doctor did a ultra sound on my throat. But keep in mind it is always best to do what ur doctor advises. But i understand the fear of radio active meds in ur body. It wouldnt hurt to ask if he can do a ultra sound. They use the same machine thats used on pregnant woman. Good luck . Hope this helped

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (1)

  • The doctor has a very good reason why he wants you to take that test. He wants to find out if the whole thyroid is affected or just some areas of it. This will determine what treatment he will give you. I understand your reluctance but discuss with your doctor your fears and he will do his best to answer your questions and give alternatives. Don't be afraid of the term nuclear medicine. It means that the iodine will give off relatively harmless radiation so that your thyroid can be seen better on x-ray.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats