Thursday, September 17, 2009

Is taking the supplement Beta sitosterol 1200-5000 mg per day is safe ?

Resolved Question

Is taking the supplement Beta sitosterol 1200-5000 mg per day is safe ?

I've been searching for many products online on cholesterol & prostate enlargement for my father , And after going through some BS medicine , I've found Prostate miracle & Cholesterol Metabolizer to be the most legit , Each has about 300 mg of Beta sitosterol , And you have to take twice per day , Which sums about 1200 mg !! So I wasn wondering if that can cause any bad side effects or is it actually safe ???

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

That's a bit high, but it's not unheard of. A common dose of Beta Sitosterol would be around 6-800 mg, but there are formulas that are higher than that.
It would probably be safer to take the recommendation of 2 for one of them and limit the other to 1, then take some other product (or just take a different combo altogether) for that aspect than to take the max of both... that's one of the major downfalls of combination product when you take a few of them. Good luck and I hope I helped!

Source(s):

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (1)

  • Yes, that is quite a lot. The problem with Beta Sis is that you do not really know for sure about long trem effects but I suppose that they are no better or worse than some of the standard meds. I have been on beta blockers for more than 20 years for my prostate and it keeps my blood pressure down which is good ! !

    http://www.squidoo.com/prostateupdate

    Source(s):

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats