Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Looking for a good Massage Therapy school in Southwest Florida?

Resolved Question

Looking for a good Massage Therapy school in Southwest Florida?

I am currently hunting for a good school to consider attending. I have looked into a few, but I was hoping to get some insight from someone who has attended a school and would recommend it, or perhaps knows someone who's attended one and would recommend it. I'm not looking for a state school or something like Lorenzo Walker because I'm not technically a state resident, so I would need something of a specialty school where there isn't a difference in tuition if you're in state or out.. Any information or recommendations would be great! Thanks!

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

I went to Florida Health Academy 6 years ago. Honestly, none of the schools in SW FL were very good then. I visited all of them in Naples/Ft Myers and found none even taught the basics, just how to pass the national exam. When I finished I didn't even know how to give a good Swedish massage.

I haven't been back to a local school in 4 years, not even for continuing education. Hopefully things have changed, But if not, I recommend any of these DVDs to teach you basic Swedish, Deep Tissue and Sports techniques. I watched these and practiced, practiced, practiced on my friends:

http://www.abundanthealth.com/CatalogueR…

Good news is I did pass the national exam first try and am now very skilled!

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (0)

No other answers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats