Saturday, August 15, 2009

Safe to eat Salmon every day?

Resolved Question

Safe to eat Salmon every day?

Some fish are much higher in mercury than others. Salmon and Sardines are known for being very low in mercury and high in omega-3. Good stuff. Salmon is on the 'safe list' of fish that you can eat freely....but what if you eat it every day? Like literally every day? What if you are a pescetarian who eats no other meat besides fish and get the rest of their protein from beans and nuts, and you like literally eat fish daily, mostly Salmon and other low mercury fish.

How much mercury exposure would this result in over time?

Additional Details

The great lakes are more polluted than the Alaskan ocean, aren't they?

3 days ago

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

I only eat fish also and eat it about 5 times a week. I switch between tuna, salmon, and tilapia. I know there is more mercury in tuna but I think if you eat salmon 5 times a week you would be fine because it is known to have the lowest levels of mercury. Maybe just try and eat a bean dish 2 days a week to be on the safe side. Lentil soup is great or black bean soup.

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (1)

  • My friend has a little girl who became ill from too much salmon, Great Lakes salmon. I think I would switch around with other fish. I have no technical reasons. Try a pork chop.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats