Sunday, August 30, 2009

What are some meditation methods or other Eastern healing methods for post tramtic stress treatment?

Resolved Question

What are some meditation methods or other Eastern healing methods for post tramtic stress treatment?

I was seeing a therapist for about two years and me and her worked on a lot of my issues we think the last thing to be done is treating my post traumatic stress that she diagnosed me with a few months ago. Due to certain circumstances I can't see her anymore so now its up to me to deal with it on my own. Does anyone one any meditation methods affirmations that can help. Basically some things happened to me and now im really anxious / hyper-aware of my surroundings and I tend to talk fast because i wasnt listened to a lot in the past. I need to train my unconscious mind that the world is not out to get me and that ppl care about me and will listen to me now. Its kind of effecting my social life because driving a car is something ive never learned to do but Im getting more social (something that i worked on with my therapist) so its getting more and more the fact i dont have a car and cant drive. and sometimes i just talk way to fast i have to repeat myself numerous times for ppl to get me or they literally have to let to not talk so fast. Its nothing hindering but another thing i have because of my PTSD is i jump around loud noises.

Additional Details

the circumstance is that my dad was paying for my therapy but his buisness isnt doing too good so ive decided to not go to therapy anymore. he was the one that started brining me to her but i cant let him keep paying for the sessions even tho i cant either

2 days ago

the circumstance is that my dad was paying for my therapy but his buisness isnt doing too good so ive decided to not go to therapy anymore. he was the one that started brining me to her but i cant let him keep paying for the sessions even tho i cant either

2 days ago

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

A traditional buddhist meditation method is to breath in and out and focus only on your breathing. Close your eyes and count as you inhale and exhale up to eight and start again at one. Start by doing just 10minues and increase to an hour or so. The trick is not to let your mind drift on to other things around you. so if you find yourself thinking of other things or listening to noises around you - then refocus yourself on your breathing and continue on your breathing. This might seem simple enough but once you start it you will find that its not as easy as it seems. You'll be much more relaxed after.
Another method is walking. find a path - prob in your own back yard that goes in a circular motion and walk along it focusing only on your footsteps...
Good Luck.

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (1)

  • I use a combination of NLP and other techniques to assist others with PTSD.

    I don't know where you are located...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats