Monday, August 24, 2009

IS MASSAGE THERAPY SCHOOL HARD? PLEASE HELP!!?

Resolved Question

IS MASSAGE THERAPY SCHOOL HARD? PLEASE HELP!!?

i start on MONDAY (TOMORROW) !! I JUST GOT ENROLLED TODAY AND THEY GAVE ME LIKE 6 HUGGGEE HUMONGOUS GINORMOUS BOOKS AND IM ASSUMING ILL BE LEARNING ALL THE INFO IN THE 6 MONTHS IM IN THE SCHOOL.....

Im just curious about some tips from massage therapists... or in all reality if its hard...

im honnestly not smart... i wouldnt say in the slightest that im smart.... got basicly a ged....and im 18 just turned it and im way nervous...

im a very confidant person... freshman and sophmore school presidant and very out going and to be nervous isnt like me so im kinda freakkking outt!!

PLEASE HELLPP!

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE AMAZINGG!!

THANKS GOD BLESS....

ps i live in melbourne florida and im going to space coast health institute!

any good info or anything if you want to contact me please email:
surfinboy360@hotmail.com
(had the email address since like 6th grade haha)

thanks again!

god bless!

PLEASE ADVICE ONLY NOTHING SAYING O GUYS SHOULDNT BE MASSAGE THERAPISTS OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT!

I NEED ENCOURAGEMENT AND ADVICE!

THANKS!

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Anyone saying guys shouldn't be massage therapists are idiots so don't listen to them. You have strength on your side and will probably do very well in deep tissue. Also men have bigger hands (usually) and massage feels better with bigger, stronger hands...imo.

Anyway I'm 2 months into my 6 month course in massage school. Every school is different but the National Certification Exam is the same for everyone, assuming your state requires that exam for you to get licensed.

Study Study Study!!! Anatomy is HARD and you do have to learn everything there is to know about the human body. Massage Therapy is a medical/health care profession so a strong knowledge of anatomy is a must.

The massage part is coming easy to me but the anatomy is kicking my tail. So do yourself a favor and study your butt off. Do not miss a day of school. When the course is as short as 6 months you're learning a lot in each class so missing just one class can really put you behind.

Good for you for starting so young. I'm about to be 27 and I could kick myself for not "finding myself" earlier in life and knowing that massage was my calling.

You'll do great. Massage is very rewarding and school is really fun. Just remember to study and protect your thumbs.

Source(s):

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (2)

  • I heard you have to know all the names of different parts of the body. I think that is hard to remember all those names. I think anybody can do it, just have to have a heart to do it.
  • Is it hard? yes at times.

    It's not a question of being smart enough, it's about being willing to work hard enough. You will need to spend time outside of school studying. It's definitely doable though.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats