Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Temporary loss of vision?

Resolved Question

Temporary loss of vision?

Hey, well this is kind of embarrassing but I was working out at the gym and wanted to push myself a little further and reach a certain distance of the treadmill in a certain period of time so I increased my running speed. Now I have done this before but this is the highest speed I have ever run before. I realized it was a little fast but I was able to keep up and meet my goal. Plus I only ran at this speed for less than a minute. After I went into a cool down and began a walk of less that 0.5 and then began to lose my vision. Now I know it was stupid but I thought I was just becoming dizzy and I could just walk it off on the treadmill but after 6 or so minutes of this I lost my sight almost completely. Now I have been to this gym many times and I know where I was off by heart and was able to pick up my things even though I couldn't see. As I ambled towards the desk at the gym I realized no one was there because there were no voices so I went to the stretching and warm up area and lied down then because I couldn't even see shadows anymore. But once I lied down my vision came back (I don't know if it was gradually or all at once-I can't remember). Anyway I was conscious the entire so I didn't faint and my breathing was normal at the time. I couldn't see for probably 7 minutes.

Do you believe I was just dizzy? Do you think I should go to my doctor just incase? Has this happened to any of you guys? Now I also need to add this happened 4 or so days ago. I haven't gone to the gym since just incase but my vision has been fine. I have felt dizzy one time since but I think it was just for sitting up too quickly or something. Anyway, I would be grateful for any advice.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

This has happened to me before I couldnt see a thing and knocked the bathroom soap dispenser on the floor and came close to knocking myself out!

I think maybe go to your doctor just incase, he can check your blood pressure, it could be a bit low! I think if anything it is linked to your blood pressure, mine is low and you might need to take coke or sugar water to the gym to help give you the boost.The doctor also gave me tablets to take before exercise or in the mornings!

Hope this helps!!!

Source(s):

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (6)

  • Only time I ever lost any vision when I was working out was directly before I passed out from not breathing correctly. So, I would say lack of oxygen if it was such a very short amount of time. But, what you experienced sounds like it is a very good cause for concern and you should see your doctor.
  • sounds like you have pushed yourself a bit too far!
    However i think it is rather worrying and it shouldnt happen anyway so i would advise you to see a doctor! x
  • You should go to the doctor, just in case. I don't think it was because you were dizzy.
  • go get your hemoglobin count checked with a blood test. that happened to me before.
  • It was probably just heat stroke.
  • ya

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats