Thursday, August 27, 2009

Why did I have a rash that itched durring and after acupuncture?

Resolved Question

Why did I have a rash that itched durring and after acupuncture?

I've had problems between my thumb and forefinger. I guess I would call it carpool tunnel or whatever.. but it cramps up once in a blue moon. The acupuncturist said that was a release point. When the needle was in there I felt a very very sharp ache and pain and started to feel a sharp pain in my chest(heart area). Acupuncturists says red is normal but sortly after the session I started to itch on my arm and it turned redish for a few minutes. The pain in my chest remained for the rest of the day and am worried about next session today.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

There are a few possibilities, but one of my biggest thoughts is that the practitioner didn't clean off the application point well enough. If the needle pierced your skin (which it's supposed to) and the skin had some oil, hand cream, soap, or any other contaminant in it that got under the skin, that can irritate the skin and potentially could cause a rash.
I would express your concerns with the practitioner before you go in for your next session and see what he says. If he suggests what I did (without you mentioning it), then that's probably all it was and I would just clean the application area better (hot water and wash off the soap well or don't use soap). Good luck and I hope I helped!

Source(s):

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (0)

No other answers.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats