Thursday, August 27, 2009

What kinds of raw eggs to eat?

Resolved Question

What kinds of raw eggs to eat?

I'm going to be eating raw eggs, but I'm wondering what eggs are alright for this purpose.

Growing up I just ate (drank?) regular grocery store eggs a lot and never got sick once from it, but I now have some health issues (from different causes) and I don't know if my immune system is as strong as it used to be when I was a young lad.

I have Eggland's Best Cage-Free "Vegetarian Feed" eggs right now. I'm guessing these are a little cleaner than regular eggs. Should these be alright?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

If you do elect to eat your eggs raw, the best source would be a local chicken farmer. Eat them VERY fresh. One very important note for you, however, is that you should generally avoid eating the white of the egg raw, as it contains substances which will disallow the absorption of the B-vitamins (particularly biotin) contained in the yolk. So, in short, skip the white and only down the yolk.

Source(s):

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (4)

  • Eating raw eggs is not a good idea but my dad and most of my great aunts and uncles regularly put them in milk and drank them down. Why? I don't know but they never got sick from them. They did have their own chickens so that might have been the difference. I wouldn't think a raw egg could be any better for you than a properly cooked one and remember a sunny side up egg is only half cooked and millions them without getting sick. And those eggs come from the big factory producers.The odds of getting sick from them is probably pretty low. Good Luck
  • Any organic cage free egg if your worried wash them in a few drops of bleace mixed with water.
  • you'll want to eat eggs where the hens have NOT been pumped with Hormones.

    jabril
  • Yes, all-natural and organic is always better...but you should still probably go ahead and cook them. Best of luck

1 comments:

Unknown on August 31, 2009 at 12:41 PM said...

I would recommend only eating raw eggs if they are pasteurized. I love the Davidson's eggs. They are pasteurized in the shell so you don't have to worry about any sickness, which is especially important for someone with an impaired immune system. Hope I was helpful.

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats