Thursday, August 27, 2009

Do poppy seeds really help with Pain?

Resolved Question

Do poppy seeds really help with Pain?

In the Warrior Cat series by Erin Hunter, the medicine cats use poppy seeds to help with pain. Please don't call me an idiot or anything, I'm just curious whether using poppy seeds would help with pain in real life?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Poppy seeds acts as demulcent. It smooths the brain and leads to sleep. I think now u have understood how poppy seeds releaves pain.

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (1)

  • I think it depends on the sort of poppy. Opium poppy seeds will, but as you know they are addictive. I don't think other sorts would though.Only the opium poppy is listed in my medical herbal book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats