Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Can I be fired by a company for failing a random drug test even if i have a cannabis card ?

Resolved Question

Can I be fired by a company for failing a random drug test even if i have a cannabis card ?

I want to apply for a union job, but i am a regular weed smoker. I have already been clean for 30 days, and i know i will pass the first drug screening but i want to know if they can fire me for failing a random drug test if were to start smoking again.

Don't bother commenting on how marijuana is bad for you or how i shouldn't be smoking etc. I have seen 2 different doctors who both have confirmed i have insomnia and ADHD. Both are legitimate reasons to have a card.

Additional Details

rachel: for some people i could see it making it even harder for them to concentrate, but my mind goes 1,000 mph if i dont use it. i need something to slow me down lol.

18 hours ago

xbx214: I live in California where you can get a card for damn near anything. I know someone who got one for asthma (makes no sense lol) and there are over 500 clubs in the state. now that's awesomeness :)

18 hours ago

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Unfortunately in California, yes.

Why? Because it is another promise the governator fail to honor (you can see him smoking pot all over youtube.)

And until last year they could take away your driver's license. But the supremer court of California put a stop to that (the one good decision they made this year.)

Unfortunately, there is no legal protection for medicinal cannabis users. It would entirely depend on the company. It's another reason it should be completely legal.

Call the company and ask what their policy is.

Source(s):

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (5)

  • The job (any job) has no obligation to honor your cannabis card no matter what state you live in. It is completely at their discretion whether failing the drug test yet having the card is okay to them. You employer may not agree with it (probably why they do drug testing in the first place) and not accept the cannabis card. It is up to the employer and they do have legal and legitimate reason to fire you if you fail a drug test even though you have a card.
  • YOU CAN GET A CARD TO BUY WEED FOR HAVING ADHD AND INSOMIA?!?!?!!??!!? Dude thats awsome ugh... Idk consult your union supervisor. Show him the card be like "Dude I gotta get stoned or else I cant sleep and I jump off the ******* walls"!! He will be like "Well that makes sense the card is valid and everything dosnt look like a problem" Maybe he will add "If you can get me some ill pass ur test for you" ;)

    You guys are douchebags come on ur answering questions at 1:14 am... At least I have a reason because I cant sleep.

    Source(s):

  • I don't think that it really matters, I think they can still fire you.
    I'm surprised that you have a cannabis card for ADHD...my boyfriend has it, too, and I always think him smoking makes it much, much worse.
  • They can probably fire you, sadly, unless you take them to court which probably wouldn't be worth it.
  • That is tricky, but I can safely say, Yes, you would get fired, because it is still illegal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats