Monday, August 24, 2009

Does geting your tonsils removed hurt?

Resolved Question

Does geting your tonsils removed hurt?

My Orthodontist said i might have to get mined removed,
so this week im going to visit my doctor,But i was wondering does it hurt? ALOT? or a little?
Will i loose weight?
Will i be able to talk?
Pleasee help:))
Thank u so much! :)))

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

It does hurt. You will not want to swallow or eat that much; consequently, you will lose weight because of it.

And your mouth will be hoarse and it will hurt when you talk.

I know this because I had my tonsils removed. I lose a lot of weight, but gained it back once I started eating.

Furthermore, your voice should come back in a week or two. I had to write my family notes on what I wanted to say!

Hope everything goes well.

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (2)

  • I am 37 and had mine removed last year! Let me tell you this, it is the WORST pain I have ever experienced in my life...Not meaning to scare you but I thought I was going to die and at one point prayed to die..I ran a fever of 105 got put in the hospital. I couldn't swallow anything! Barely could swallow liquid pain meds..I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago and the tonsillectomy was 5 X's worse..I would NOT recommend it unless it is absolutely necessary..Mine was..and it was awful... I even put spaghetti in the blender and tried mashed taters and couldn't swallow those...couldn't eat for days! UGH....It was horrible, I tell everyone I know that it was something I would not wish to do again!

    I wish you nothing but the best, but be prepared, it hurts like ****!

    I lost a few pounds , but nothing major.
    I whispered for a few days and wrote on paper.

    Source(s):

  • you'll have a sore throat for awhile so you eat ice cream, jello, pudding and other soft foods. You'll heal quickly though and in the future won't have to worry about tonsillitis and all the other problems your tonsils were causing you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats