Saturday, August 15, 2009

I got a question about GABAPENTIN ?

Resolved Question

I got a question about GABAPENTIN ?

I check wikipedia and webmd and still can not find out what this drugs conention to kidney problem is.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

According to http://www.drugs.com/cons/gabapentin.htm…

"...studies in pregnant animals have shown that gabapentin may cause bone or kidney problems in offspring when given to the mother in doses larger than the largest human dose."

and

"Make sure you tell your doctor if you have any other medical problems, especially: Kidney disease—Higher blood levels of gabapentin may occur, which may increase the chance of unwanted effects; your doctor may need to change your dose."

Is that what you're looking for? Basically, if you have Kidney disease, your Kidneys don't work properly and can cause problems with your body not being able to remove the drug fast enough. I hope I helped!

Source(s):

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (1)

  • I'm thinking this is a commercial name. I've heard of GABA but not GABAPENTIN. What are the ingredients? As for just GABA I haven't heard of it having anything to do with your kidneys: it's for anxiety.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats