Saturday, August 15, 2009

Reoccurring Magic Shroom effects??? Myth or truth?

Resolved Question

Reoccurring Magic Shroom effects??? Myth or truth?

ok one of my friends mom said that shrooms (yes of the magical kind) once taken will get you high for a while. She also said that randomly within that week the high will pop back up to full of near full effect. I wanted to know if it does come back randomly. And also if shrooms are a good choice in your opinion.

I know drugs are bad! but here is the thing I care not for life i care for experience.

Additional Details

the link doesn't work for me i need to log into something o.0

2 days ago

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Honestly no. That can happen with LSD because it stays in your spinal cord. Shrooms however, go through your body and your body eliminates them like everything else you consume. Now it is possible to have a kind of 'flashback' occassionally, but this is not from the Shrooms. It is from the experience....that's all m,ushrooms are is an experience. They expand your thought and conciousness, and this is what causes 'flashbacks'.
Finally mushrooms, like marijuana, are not a drug. It is a plant (well fungi) that occurs naturally from Earth. Very much worth the experience! But not reccomended in places where you are uncomfortable....especially indoors or in the city (it can cause too much stimulation, causing one to freak out, hence a 'bad trip').

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (5)

  • never had that happen to me. i have only done them 2 times but yeah had no lasting effects. i love how you put that you dont care for life but for experience that is awesome. anyways shrooms are a unique high not the worse choice you can make. the key is make sure you are somewhere you feel completely safe, and that you do not do them alone. the reason i say do them somewhere you feel safe is you will prolly get paranoid and things when they start going loopy will scare the crap out of you so yeah be prepared.
  • I have not done shrooms in well over 10 years and I do still get trippy flashbacks. Its rare, usually when I am extremely tired or feeling particuarly enlightened; never to full effect not even within the next day.

    I do not regret taking mushrooms (although I probably wouldn't do it now). They are spiritually enlightening and well worth it (in my opinion).

    Last time I took them was on a field trip to Stone Henge when I was a student and previously I even had a day at school tripping my **** off... its not for everybody though so I cannot reccommend it unless you are in good company or know how to handle it
  • I dont think the high will "come back randomly". I know if you take LSD, it is stored in your spinal column forever, and a major back/spine accident could trigger the fluids, making you feel high again. This does not happen to all people who have taken the drug, and it also depends on the extent of the injury.
  • It is possible, just not very likely with mushrooms. It's called HPPD. There are two types, the flashback type(one you described), and the constant type where you always see slight visual distortions.

    It is unlikely to get HPPD from shrooms, though. It's a lot more likely to happen with LSD.
  • No, no one I have ever known.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats