Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Do I have high blood pressure?

Resolved Question

Do I have high blood pressure?

I've had a constant headache for the past week and nothing has worked. Both of my parents have high blood pressure and just wondering if I had the same? I haven't taken my blood pressure yet so don't know what it is. I feel kinda dizzy sometimes and lots of pressure in the back of my head and sometimes on top. When I stand up from leaning over it's a throbbing pain. Please tell me, do I have high blood pressure?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

well if you havent taken your blood pressure to check if its high then check it. the average normal blood pressure reads 120/80. The bottom number (dystolic) is the number to watch. if its above 90 then contact your doctor. hypertension can be passed down from parents so it can only help you to have it checked out. But i would call your doctor either way. all these symptoms could just be your body telling you that something else could be wrong. good luck and i hope everything works out for you!! :)

Source(s):

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (3)

  • Here are some natural cure for high blood pressure:

    1. Physical exercise of some variety is urged and if you are unable to walk even short distances due to your legs, or have a problem breathing when walking, going for a swim is a very good exercise.

    Meditation is one other way of relieving tension but there is also yoga, which is quoted by experts as being a good means to reduce on strain. Respiration workouts are also advocated for persons who suffer very nerve-wracking lives.

    2. Diet
    - Reduce your sodium intake by reading labels as they will inform you the salt content of virtually everything you consume.
    - Lessening your alcohol consumption will help also
    - potassium in your diet plan on a day-to-day basis because the advocated measure is 3500 mg. per day.
    - Consume more fruits, vegetables
    - Avoid trans fat and saturated fat

    3. Maintaining stress levels from becoming too high for prolonged periods of time can also help.

    Source(s):

  • take a blood check it is the only way to tell.
  • see your doctor

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats