Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Do Colon Cleansers really work?

Resolved Question

Do Colon Cleansers really work?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

No, I don't think so. i think it is hype. Also, They can take the good bacteria out of the bowels.

I've been in on colonoscopy many times, where you can see way up into the bowels. The prep that people do and the stuff they drink for it cleans out the bowels well. This makes me believe that the colon clense stuff is a bunch of junk. Ask your doctor.

Source(s):

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (2)

  • It depends on what you mean by "work". I notice that April points out that they do work (commonly used to prep for colonoscopies) and she's right... I'm just not sure why she contradicts herself after saying that by saying she doesn't think they work.
    However, they won't make you lose weight long-term (which I've seen some marketed for). You might lose weight temporarily because they remove content from your colon, but that content would be replenished as you eat food.

    Most colon cleansers are mainly fiber and most people that eat a lot of fiber at once can attest to how well it works because they have the runs (or at least loose stools) by the next day. I'd say give it a try if you feel you need to be cleaned out, but make sure you can be near a bathroom for the first day or two just to be on the safe side. Good luck and I hope I helped!

    Source(s):

  • Not really, you're body really does an effective job of cleaning out all the waste inside you, so its really nothing more than a sophisticated laxative. Whatever the cleanser would remove, you're body would have disposed of in the next day or two. However Im not a doctor so don't take my word for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats