Thursday, August 20, 2009

Natural or prescribed anti anxiety meds?

Resolved Question

Natural or prescribed anti anxiety meds?

My mom keeps suggesting me to talk to a doctor about anti anxiety pills, but I hate the idea of the side effects from the meds and the actual chemical alternating effect that the prescriptions have. I think the natural stuff would be a lot more effective and I wouldn't be as addicted. What helps those most who are on one/ or have tried both?

Additional Details

Thankyou everyone, I'll look into all of them :) Does anyone know about natural remedies? I'm more itnerested in that

1 day ago

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

Natural remedies work with simple anxiety. Moderate and severe cases requires something else. That will include pills and therapy. Try chamomile and valeriana for some days. If that doesn't work, call your doctor. Meanwhile, try to think about what situations makes you feel that way and how you can avoid or handle them in a more effective way.
i'm so glad some of my information was usefull for you...... have a great stress free day mate.

peace Report Abuse

Other Answers (6)

  • I have taken Zoloft, Ablify, Paxil, and Prozac none of the did any thing for me. I felt nothing honestly the only meds that actually work are benzodiapines like Xanax, Valium, Ativan, and Geopen mix. Doctors prescribe these because they believe that your problem is so bad that the positive side affects with out weigh the negative or because you accidently pay him double for your visit ;) . These are addictive and very powerful. Be very cautious when deciding whether or not to take any of them.
  • Look into getting a shuzi. They help your body create more of it's own natural melatonin and will calm your moods by helping to regulate hormones. It is not a chemical, and can be purchased for under fifty dollars for the canvas type bracelet ones. You can get them in many places, so I put a link below to explain how they work. The iband shuzi is the cheapest model. It works just as well as the more expensive metal ones.

    Source(s):

  • Mitzy: I recommend a natural remedy for anxiety called panicyl. I use it and it works great for me. Also, I recommend that you look into a good book on anxiety to understand exactly what it is. ANything by Claire Weekes is excellent. Good luck Mitzy!

    Source(s):

  • i never took them for medical reasons well i kinda did but not from a doctor i took these xanax bars but i ahve to tell u they wil make u feel preety drowsey , and i can seee the potential for habit forming i suggest staying away from them unless the doc thinks you wil be a lright i guess. u can try doing cardio i found when i run and work out i am less tense and anxious
  • I have been on xanax for a year. I haven't had any side effects but I only take it when I need it. It works within 20 minutes and really helps me with social situations. I don't feel anything weird- just better.
  • first up pinpoint any food intolerances you may have...... food can make you fabulously miserable or fabulously vital and energetic .... depends on whether or not you can assimilate it....... listen to how your body feels when you eat something.... strip your diet back to organic brown rice and eat only that for 24 hours....... then each day slowly add only one new food in ....... and listen to how your body reacts ..... brain frizz, headaches and migraines, total abject depression, nasty mood swings and temper tantrums, negativity and high levels of stress, high levels of anxiety and stress ....... really can all be symptoms of continuing to ingest foods and drinks to which you are intolerant....... fact.... if i ingest even one mouthfull of processed sugar ..... drinks, foods, supplements, medicines ...... it totally FRIES my brains ....... i break out in nasty rashes, have wild mood swings, become totally listless and exhausted, squeal like a banshee at the drop of a pin......... cry hysterically for no apparent reason .... pick ridiculous fights with anybody and everybody ... pretty much it trashes my nervous system ....... i'm highly intolerant to processed sugar and i avoid it like the plague....... go on a food trigger hunt mate........ sure it's tediously insanely boring eating one food then introducing a new one...... but it's slam dunk 100% effective.......... the effect that food and chemical intolerances can have on your health cover practically the whole spectrum of known diseases and disorders.

    i also avoid milk and dairy cos it bloats me like the goodyear blimp and causes havoc with my digestion........ thus frying my brains and laying me flat on my back for 24 hours........ and soy does the same thing to me ........ potatoes and carrotts make me itch like a madwoman and leave me completely exhausted ...... but yeah.. that's me and everybody's different..... start with the sugar and eat low sugar fruits like pears and watermelon if you must have something sweet.

    you are entitled to feel fabulous in your own body you know.

    persisting and doing it this way sidesteps having to fork out oodles of cash to physicians who either do or don't really care and also sidesteps the production line of toxicsludge meds.

    eat fresh food.......... eat the freshest food you can find... fresh green and salad vegies ....... green vegies are so very rich in the calcium and magnesium that your system needs for healthy neural functioning, heart health and bone and tooth health and far easier to assimilate than all that milk and dairy .... eat low sugar fresh fruit too like pears and watermelon and blueberries, wholegrains like brown rice... lentils, quinoa, chickpeas, lean red meats and fresh fishes..... low sugar fruits........ no chemicals, preservatives, fillers, flavoring, sweetners et al in fresh food.......... ;0)

    a diet high in processed sugar, processed salt, animal protein, saturated fat, alcohol, sodas pop and caffeine will raise the uric acid levels in your bloodstream thus prompting your body to rip the precious minerals calcium and magnesium right out of your bones in an attempt to neutralise it .... icky ... calcium and magnesium deficiency ...... avoid the stress and try your best to clean up your diet mate.

    ditch the processed junk if you can.

    peace

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats