Monday, August 24, 2009

Who has actually tried St. John's Wort for the recommended time and dose?

Resolved Question

Who has actually tried St. John's Wort for the recommended time and dose?

I want to know if anybody has actually taken St. John's Wort for a long time and at the right dose that it's recommended in order to have a positive impact on your depression or anxiety. Usually people try things for one week and not the right amount and they say it didn't work for them.

It's said St. John's Wort needs to be taken for at least 2 to 4 weeks, or maybe even 6 weeks at 900mg a day to have full benefits.

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

I did and it did not work for me. The only combination that worked for me was 5HTP combined with Folgard (a supplement containing Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, and Folic Acid). St John's Wort never decreased my depression and the side effects were horrible!

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (3)

  • This group of scientists studied for a long time and found it to be useless.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31190909/

    This woman stopped taking medicine for her Schizophrenia and started taking St. John's Wort. Soon after she had a psychotic break and killed her children.

    http://www.seattlepi.com/local/185771_da…
    http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t…

    It's a dangerous scam and should be outlawed. The only scientifically proven effect that it has is to aggravate the symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia.
  • that's right it needs to be taken for a minimum of 2 weeks or longer, I took it for quite a while and it helped my mood and my outlook, I felt a lot better. I had no side afftects.
  • I did. Took it for two months. It didn't work for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats