Saturday, August 15, 2009

I was wondering if a herbalist could help me?

Resolved Question

I was wondering if a herbalist could help me?

My husband and I have been trying to conceive for nearly 2 years with no luck. I think I have PCOS and my obgyn says I have a hormonal imbalance. I also have IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). I made an appointment for a panel with a herbalist. What do you think?

Additional Details

I plan to do both James to cover all my bases but thanks.

3 days ago

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker

I think you are opening up a whole new realm of possibilities by turning to alternative healthcare. I have worked alongside an acupuncturist who focused on infertility issues. He would put pictures of babies that were born from patients he had seen in his office.

Acupuncture, herbology, naturopathic and chiropractic are all great new ways to turn to when everything else does not seem to work.

Good luck

There are currently no comments for this question.

Other Answers (4)

  • Hello Jennifer,

    Treatment options for polycystic ovarian syndrome involves managing and controlling symptoms such as abnormal menstrual periods, excess hair growth (hirsutism), infertility, acne or obesity. Cardiovascular symptoms such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol and diabetes may also develop from this condition but early diagnosis and treatment can prevent more serious complications.

    Natural and holistic treatments have also proven to promote female reproductive health and support hormonal balance. For centuries the Chinese herb, Dong Quai has been used as a nourishing blood tonic and to help maintain normal levels of estrogen and progesterone throughout the menstrual cycle.

    Check this link out for more details http://www.healthherbsandnutrition.com/p…

    For your IBD, you may wish to get details and recommendations on similar natural products on http://www.healthherbsandnutrition.com/r…

    Hope this helps

    Good Luck
  • It couldn't hurt to see an herbalist. Their are a lot of herbal programs that can help with infertility. You need to make sure your herbalist takes a thorough medical history and goes over all preventative measures with you. A lot of times stress is the biggest factor in infertility. Ask about relaxation techniques and acupuncture. Let me know what happens. Good luck.
  • I think you are doing the right thing. I would also suggest you research alternative therapies for PCOS on the web. They suggest several different vitamins and herbs for it.

    Source(s):

  • homeopathy's do some times work . but I would go to a fertility clinic, if you have not already done so I have close friends that had your problem after years they went to a clinic they now have twins, one of each Perfect.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogroll

Site Info

Text

Alternative Medicine Copyright © 2009 WoodMag is Designed by Ipietoon for Free Blogger Template

Web Stats